12.28.2006

Christmas presents!

I had been wanting a nice digital camera for a while, something that was small enough to carry in my pocket but with a high enough megapixel count to take nice pictures up close and far away. I had been looking at the Canon Powershot SD550 and read a lot of good reviews about it but I never got around to buying it with its $250 price tag and my meager pay as a contractor. With the oncoming holiday season, I let it drop a few times that I wanted a good point-and-click camera. What did I spy on Christmas morning? A Canon Powershot SD630!



Along with that I received a few gift cards, to which my fiancee lectured me on the evils of gift cards and I have now joined the dark side and will never give them unless they are asked for, and the Complete Wreck (A Series of Unfortunate Events Box Set).



The day after Christmas I went to a relatives' house and was surprised to find my cousin, Grant, got an AirSoft (or Soft Air) gun. I had heard about these things but never played with them, thinking they were just like paint ball guns but with plastic BBs. I was right, somewhat, and after shooting a bit I decided to go get one. Little did I know that I was going to receive a gift card for Wal*Mart from work, so I used that to buy a Colt Delta Elite AirSoft Pistol, two extra clips, and a bottle of Glow in the Dark BBs.



Tomorrow I'm going to the mall to get some new clothes and spend my $150 gift card for the mall in a few stores.

No comments: