1.19.2007

Vanguard

Tonight was a memorable night. I've been beta testing the new MMORPG Vanguard and I got an email yesterday that there was going to be an event with flying mounts and that it would start at 9 PM EST tonight. So I got on, hoping that they would just open a vendor and let people get in line and get a griffin right away. Well at 9 PM sharp there was a broadcast message about some shamans or something. Apparently the GMs wanted to do a quest to give the griffins away. I had made a half-elf character and couldn't find where the quest was so I made a Dwarf character and immediately saw something interesting in the chat -- a fellow dwarf was going to have a mass dwarf suicide off of a bridge nearby. What the heck! I thought and got a waypoint to the bridge.

When I got there, there was already a group.



There was a countdown by the leader and we all commited Dwarfiside like a group of mad cultists.

To celebrate our base jumping skillz0rz the leader decided to treat us all to ale at the nearby pub. On our way there was a broadcast message that the Griffin Master was now present at the noob start area so we all recalled there and finally got our griffins.



Right now I'm waiting for the new patch to go live so I cna have more fun riding my griffin. Hope it comes up soon.

No comments: